Cindy and I have been married for 11 years today. Its a special year for us, I think. I believe that this is year that we have finally spent more anniversaries together rather than being separated by geography. Here is a summary of the first few anniversaries:
- 1st Anniversary – Phil had to work in Long Island while Cindy was in Perry, NY
- 2nd Anniversary – Phil moved to Iowa while Cindy finished up her teaching and stayed in NY doing graduate work
- 3rd Anniversary – Cindy went back to NY to finish graduate work
- 4th Anniversary – Cindy was visiting her parents in NY while Phil stayed in Iowa
- 5th Anniversary – I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I think we were apart on this day, too.
None of these were “separations” like sometimes portrayed on TV. It was just circumstances that had us several hundred miles apart on the anniversary of our Wedding Day. I just thought I’d share this with you.
My lovely wife has a better memory than I do. This isn’t as big a year as I thought. We were actually together on our 5th anniversary. We went to Des Moines. I think we watched a movie.